Borland Benefield has become recognized as an industry leader in the performance of governmental audits throughout the Southeast. With extensive experience in this area, we have addressed and implemented some of the most challenging financial accounting and reporting revisions in our profession.
Borland Benefield specializes in the following:
- Financial statement audits performed under Governmental Auditing Standards
- Single audits under the Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB A-133)
- Compliance audits
- Assistance with Certificate of Achievement in Excellence in Financial Reporting and awarded by the Government Finance Officers Association
- SF-SAC preparation
- Numerous other special financial consulting services (agreed-upon procedures, special projects, etc.)
- Internal control reviews
- Forensic and Fraud Reviews
- Capital asset accounting and reporting
Borland Benefield has extensive experience in providing all levels of attestation services to a variety of state and local governmental entities, including:
- Water and Sewer Authorities
- Public Housing Authorities
- Utility and Health Boards
- Industrial Development Boards
- Other Special Purpose Government Entities
Borland Benefield is a member of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC). The primary purpose of the GAQC is to promote the importance of quality governmental audits. This voluntary membership enables us to incorporate best practices and high-quality standards for audits performed under Government Auditing Standards and Single audits under the Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB A-133).
Affordable & Low Income Housing
During the more than 40 years of experience conducting auditing work for public housing authorities, Borland Benefield has completed over 1,280 public housing audit engagements.
Needless to say, our firm is thoroughly familiar with HUD’s financial reporting requirements for public housing authorities. Our firm has prepared over 500 FDS submissions since the inception of the FDS system and have performed hundreds of audits under Single audits under the Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB A-133) and Government Auditing Standards.
Our audits comply with all current AICPA Statements on Auditing Standards, the most current Revision of the Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), Single audits under the Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB A-133) (where applicable) and Public and Indian Housing Compliance Supplement for annual audits of Public Housing Agencies and Indian Housing Authorities by Independent Auditors in accordance with the Uniform Financial Reporting Standards for HUD housing programs